5 days Design Sprint at General Assembly.
I was curious to test the desirability of this app so I spent 5 days created a Hi-fi prototype after the sprint.
UX tools: Interviews, Concept Map, Sketching, Storyboarding, Wireframing, Prototyping.
Date: March 2017
How to find interesting events despite our busy life?
A mobile app using machine learning to save people's time and effort to find the most inspiring events in London, without feeling overwhelmed with choice.
RESEARCH & insights (Day 1)
Too many choices: “I feel overwhelmed sometimes.”
Lack of time: “I don’t know where to look at, I don’t really have time to browse art blogs.”
Looking for personalisation and suggestions: “I wish someone knows my tastes (…) and just tell me what to do.”
Need reminders or pre-booking: “It’s frustrating to realise I missed a nice event.”
3 key issues emerged:
- It’s time-consuming to actively look for art events.
- Looking for inspiration....but where? How to discover new places or artists?
- Frustrated of missing events.
DEFINE & IDEATE (day 2)
Concept Mapping · Storyboarding · Sketching
We are all busy bees like Zofia. How to discover the most inspiring events in London in a fast and easy way?
"The process of choosing is a process of deselecting." How to minimise our "cognitive load"? How to show the most relevant events?
- Pro-active suggestions. Discover new events based on user likes.
- Importance of event relevance (more than location or social aspect).
- Notifications and Reminders to prevent missing an event.
- Filter/Search (Category, Free, Location).
- Event Map overview.
- Quick look at the event but commit to attend later. Wishlist.
- Private message sharing to invite friend.
- Location: London.
DEVELOP - TEST - ITERATE (day 3-5)
Wireframing · Happy path· User Flow· User Testings · Prototyping (Paper, Low-Fi, Hi-Fi)
I initially started sketching 4 key screens:
- HOME with suggested events and curated events.
- DISCOVER personalised suggestions (<10).
- WISHLIST for events that user want to check later or hesitate to book.
- CALENDAR + MAP showing confirmed events agenda.
After 5 user testings, I made some iterations according to user feedbacks. The biggest one is merging HOME and DISCOVER.
"Looks easy to use, I'm looking forward to try it." - Zofia
"Good work ! Nice and fresh !" - Nhan
Thanks for reading, let me know your feedback